The Foundation is managed by an Administrative Council of 12 members divided in three colleges: founders, legal members and qualified members. The Administrative Council is supported by a Scientific Council comprising 7 to 11 members whose collective expertise covers the various fields the Foundation deals with.
Giving evidence of the vitality of the Foundation des Treilles, new committees have been created to support the Administrative Council in the development of new activities:
- The “Portfolio management orientation Committee”
- The “Jean Schlumberger Centre Steering Committee”: in charge of the setting up and the development of the eponymous Center of literary studies of the Foundation
- The “Artistic and Cultural Heritage Committee” which has been set up to reflect on the development and the creation of a research activity about the artistic collection and the Foundation’s estate.
All the activities, in their diversity, also depend on the strong implication and dedication of the Foundation’ staff. About thirty employees, distributed in various teams, ensure, under the responsibility of the managing director, the organization of the various activities, the library management, the maintenance of the landscaped and agricultural spaces, the general administration and the accounting as well as the reception of the hosts of the foundation, with the high quality wanted by the founder.
The Foundation is managed by an Administrative Council of 12 members divided in three colleges: founders, legal members and qualified members
Maryvonne de Saint-Pulgent, legal member, Section president of the Council of State
- Vice-president: Philippe Raynaud, qualified member, Professor of political sciences, University Pantheon-Assas, Paris II, member of the University Institute of France
- Secretary: Bernard Teissier, qualified member, Emeritus director of Research, CNRS, Institut Mathématique de Jussieu-PRG,Paris VII.
- Treasurer: Olivier Lebel, founder
- Patrick Audebert, legal member representative from the Minsitry of the Interior
- Nicolas Crevoisier, founder
- Jacques Dubucs, legal member representative from the Ministry of the Higher Education and Research
- Didier Laussel, qualified member, economist, Emeritus Professor at Aix-Marseilles University
- Claire Lebel, founder,
- Anne-Marie Le Guevel, legal member representative from the Ministry of Culture and Communication
- Pascal Perrineau, qualified member, University Professor, Institute for Political Studies and former Director, Research Centre for Political Science (CEVIPOF), Paris
- Charles-Henri Filippi, qualified member, Managing Director of Lazard France
The Administrative Council meets twice a year and its Executive Office every month.
Decisions taken by the Administrative Council concerning seminars, residential study and prizes are based on the evaluations provided by the Scientific Council.
According to the statutes of the Foundation, the Scientific Council comprises 7 to 11 members and meets three times a year.
Alain Peyraube, Emeritus Director of Research, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Paris; Chair Professor of Chinese Linguistics, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Paris; Member of the Academia Europaea
- Daniel Bennequin, Professor of Mathematics at University Paris 7 Paris-Diderot
- Philippe Büttgen, Professor of philosophy, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (ISJPS)
- Elisabeth Giacobino, Emeritus Director of Research, CNRS – Laboratory Kastler Brossel UMR8552, University Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC), Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), CNRS
- Claude Habib, Professor of Literature, University Paris 3 (French and Latine Literature and Linguistics Department),
- Edith Heard, Professor at the College de France, Chair of Epigenetics and Cellular Memory; Head of Genetics and Developmental Biology Department, Institut Curie, Paris, France; Member of the Academia Europaea
- Jean-Antoine Girault, Inserm Research Director; Head, Institut du Fer à Moulin, UMR-S 839, Inserm, UPMC
- Françoise Melonio, Professor at University Paris IV Sorbonne; Lecturer, Institute for Political Studies (Sciences Po), Paris, France.
- Sylvie Strudel, Professor of political science, University Paris 2 Pantheon-Assas – CECP, associate researcher, Centre Marc Bloch, Berlin (Germany) and Research Centre for Political Science (CEVIPOF), Paris