The Foundation is managed by an Administrative Council of 12 members divided in three colleges: founders, legal members and qualified members. The Administrative Council is supported by a Scientific Council comprising 7 to 11 members whose collective expertise covers the various fields the Foundation deals with.
Giving evidence of the vitality of the Fondation des Treilles, new committees have been created to support the Administrative Council in the development of new activities:
- The “Portfolio management orientation Committee”
- The “Jean Schlumberger Centre Steering Committee”: in charge of the setting up and the development of the eponymous Center of literary studies of the Foundation
- The “Artistic and Cultural Heritage Committee” which has been set up to reflect on the development and the creation of a research activity on the Foundation’s artistic collection and estate.
All the activities, in their diversity, also depend on the strong implication and dedication of the Foundation’ staff. About thirty employees, distributed in various teams, ensure, under the responsibility of the managing director, the organization of the various activities, the library management, the maintenance of the landscaped and agricultural spaces, the general administration and the accounting as well as the reception of the hosts of the foundation, with the high quality wanted by the founder.
The Foundation is managed by an Administrative Council of 12 members divided in three colleges: founders, legal members and qualified members
Maryvonne de Saint-Pulgent, legal member, President of division, State Council
- Vice-president: Philippe Raynaud, qualified member, Professor of political sciences, University Pantheon-Assas, Paris II, member of the Institut Universitaire de France
- Secretary: Bernard Teissier, qualified member, Emeritus director of Research, CNRS, Institut Mathématique de Jussieu-PRG, Paris VII.
- Treasurer: Olivier Lebel, member of the founding committee
- Patrick Audebert, legal member representative from the Ministry of Internal affairs
- Nicolas Crevoisier, member of the founding committee
- Jacques Dubucs, legal member representing the Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- Didier Laussel, qualified member, economist, Emeritus Professor at Aix-Marseilles University
- Claire Lebel, member of the founding committee
- Anne-Marie Le Guevel, legal member, representative from the Ministry of Culture and Communication
- Pascal Perrineau, qualified member, University Professor, Institute for Political Studies and former Director, Research Centre for Political Science (CEVIPOF), Paris
- Charles-Henri Filippi, qualified member, Managing Director of Lazard France
The Administrative Council meets twice a year and its Executive Office meets every month.
Decisions taken by the Administrative Council concerning seminars, residential study and prizes are based on the evaluations provided by the Scientific Council.
According to the statutes of the Foundation, the Scientific Council is composed of 7 to 11 members and meets three times a year. In 2017, they were 9.
Alain Peyraube, Emeritus Director of Research, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Paris; Chair Professor of Chinese Linguistics, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Paris; Member of the Academia Europaea
- Daniel Bennequin, Professor of Mathematics at University Paris 7 Paris-Diderot
- Philippe Büttgen, Professor of philosophy, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (ISJPS)
- Elisabeth Giacobino, Emeritus Director of Research, CNRS – Laboratory Kastler Brossel UMR8552, Pierre et Marie Curie University (UPMC), Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), CNRS
- Claude Habib, Professor of Literature, University Paris 3 (French – Latine Literature & Linguistics Department),
- Edith Heard, Professor at the College de France, Chair of Epigenetics and Cellular Memory; Head of Genetics and Developmental Biology Department, Institut Curie, Paris, France; Member of the Academia Europaea
- Jean-Antoine Girault, Inserm Research Director; Head of the Institut du Fer à Moulin, UMR-S 1270, Inserm, Sorbonne University
- Françoise Melonio, Professor at the University Paris IV Sorbonne; Lecturer, Institute for Political Studies (Sciences Po), Paris, France.
- Sylvie Strudel, Professor of Political Sciences, University Paris 2 Pantheon-Assas – CECP, associate researcher at the Marc Bloch Centre, Berlin (Germany) and at the Research Centre for Political Science (CEVIPOF), Paris