The Foundation is managed by a board of directors of 12 members divided in three colleges : founders, legal members and qualified members. The board of directors is supported by a Scientific Council whose members’ collective expertise covers the various fields the Foundation deals with.
Giving evidence of the vitality of the Fondation des Treilles, new committees have been created to support the board of directors in the development of new activities :
- The “Portfolio management orientation Committee”
- The “Jean Schlumberger Centre Steering Committee”: in charge of the setting up and the development of the eponymous Centre of literary studies of the Foundation
- The “Artistic and Cultural Heritage Committee” which has been set up to reflect on the development and the creation of a research activity on the Foundation’s artistic collection and estate.
All the activities, in their diversity, also depend on the strong implication and dedication of the Foundation’ staff. About thirty employees, distributed in various teams, ensure, under the responsibility of the managing director, the organization of the various activities, the library management, the maintenance of the landscaped and agricultural spaces, the general administration and the accounting as well as the reception of the hosts of the foundation, with the high quality wanted by the founder.
The Board of Directors
The Foundation is managed by a board of directors of 12 members divided in three colleges : founders, legal members and qualified members
Maryvonne de Saint-Pulgent, legal member, Emeritus President of division of the State Council
- Vice-president: Philippe Raynaud, qualified member, Emeritus professor of Political Sciences, University Panthéon-Assas, Paris II, member of the Institut Universitaire de France
- Secretary: Bernard Teissier, qualified member, Emeritus director of Research, CNRS, Institut Mathématique de Jussieu-PRG, Paris VII
- Treasurer: Olivier Lebel, member of the founding committee
- Patrick Audebert, legal member representative from the Ministry of Internal affairs
- Jean-Pierre Danthine, member of the Founding Committee
- Charles-Henri Filippi, qualified member, Managing Director of Lazard France
- Didier Laussel, qualified member, economist, Emeritus Professor at Aix-Marseilles University
- Claire Lebel, member of the Founding Committee
- Anne-Marie Le Guevel, legal member, representative from the Ministry of Culture and Communication
- Alain Peyraube, qualified member, Emeritus Director of Research, National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), Paris
- Magali Reghezza-Zitt, legal member representing the Ministry of Higher Education and Research
The board of directors meets twice a year and its Executive Committee meets every month.
Decisions taken by the board of directors concerning seminars, residential study and prizes are based on the evaluations provided by the Scientific Council.
The Scientific Council
According to the statutes of the Foundation, the Scientific Council is composed of 7 to 11 members and meets twice a year. In 2021, there are 11 members.
Pascal Ory, Emeritus Professor of Contemporary History at the Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne University.
- Daniel Bennequin, Professor of Mathematics at University Paris 7 Diderot
- Laurence Bertrand-Dorléac, Professor of Art History at Sciences Po (School for Political Science), Paris.
- Déborah Bourc’his, Epigenetics Research Director at the Curie Institute, Paris.
- Philippe Büttgen, Professor of Philosophy, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (ISJPS)
- Elisabeth Giacobino, Emeritus Director of Research, CNRS – Laboratory Kastler Brossel UMR8552, Pierre & Marie Curie University (UPMC), Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), CNRS (National Centre for Scientific Research)
- Jean-Antoine Girault, Inserm Research Director; Head of the Institut du Fer à Moulin, UMR-S 1270, Inserm, Sorbonne University
- Olivier Hamant, Research Director at the INRAE (National Institute for Agronomic Research) and deputy director of the Plant Reproduction and Development Laboratory (at the Lyon ‘Ecole Normale Supérieure’), director of the Michel Serres Institute.
- Nathalie Heinich, Research Director in Sociology at the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), Paris
- Marc Hersant, Literature Professor at the Paris III – Sorbonne nouvelle – University, Paris
- Sylvie Strudel, Professor of Political Sciences, University Paris 2 Pantheon-Assas – CECP, associate researcher at the Marc Bloch Centre, Berlin (Germany) and at the Research Centre for Political Science (CEVIPOF), Paris