The Foundation awards about 20 annual financial grants to young researchers. The purpose of these prizes is to assist young researchers, coming from France or abroad, either doctoral students in the process of finishing their thesis or postgraduates carrying out research in France.
Candidates must be under 35 years old and should not have submitted a former application that has been rejected.
Prizes of up to 20 000 € are awarded for a one year period. One to two grants will be awarded specifically to researchers finishing postdoctoral work abroad and wishing to return to France.
General principles of awarding prizes
The prizes are made to an individual. Publications resulting from it must mention the support of the Fondation des Treilles and one copy of each work is to be forwarded to the Foundation.
The deadline is mentioned in the application form.
To know when to send your application, please consult the following page: applications deadlines.
The deadline for submitting the applications must be respected, the postmark being taken as proof. To the form to fill out online, you will have to join, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and by ordinary postal mail with the following address: Fondation des Treilles – 90, rue de Varenne – 75007 Paris, the following documents, in Word format, in 2 hard copies:
– a summary of the project,
– a detailed description of the project (3 to 5 pages),
– a letter of acceptance from the host laboratory during the year 2020,
– a resume,
– the list of publications of the candidate,
– and 2 recommendation letters from scientific personalities, including one external to the host laboratory, knowing well the candidate and likely to provide an assessment of his/her work.