Each year, from March to October, the Foundation Treilles:
- organises several seminars whose structure has been determined naturally by the missions of the Foundation:
- an original theme,
- a number of participants limited to twenty people, in order to facilitate informal discussions, and a composition involving senior and junior researchers,
- a relatively short time (Monday to Saturday) compatible with the hope that each participant stays throughout the conference,
- a program leaving plenty of time for questions and discussions
- For the seminars organised at Les Treilles, taxis from and to the airport or the railway station are arranged and borne by the Foundation, board and lodging are totally provided for on the premises and supported also by the Foundation. If needed, the Foundation can also contribute to participants’ travel expenses.
- welcomes scholars, authors, and musicians for residential studies, either for large groups (5 to 15 people) during 6 days or individual or in small groups for 3 days to 3 weeks. Experience has shown that meals taken together with participants of seminars or other residents stimulate exchange and thus are of great value to all.
For residential studies, taxis from and to the airport or the railway station are arranged and borne by the Foundation, board and lodging are totally provided for on the premises and supported also by the Foundation but the travel expenses shall be borne by each participant.
- contributes to young researchers’ studies by awarding some 12 annual prizes which will assist doctoral students to complete a thesis of exceptional quality or help young graduates return to, or remain in, France.
- welcomes the laureates of two residency award, the first one open to authors of fiction or essays, the second one to photographers, as well as the laureates of the Artistic and Cultural Heritage Prize.
- awards once a year the Centre Jean Schlumberger prizes and welcomes its laureates as well as the one of the prize “Fondation Catherine Gide”.
- In some cases, financial assistance is provided to publish work engaged in at Les Treilles.