- – Duration and period of the stay
The duration of the stay cannot be less than 1 month and obligatorily, except duly justified exception, in the opening period of the foundation to seminars, generally from March to November, with an interruption in August (as far as possible). The amplitude of the period may vary according to the annual programming of the seminars.
The effective dates of stay, and its eventual splitting, are fixed in agreement with the direction of the foundation.
- – Payment of the prize
The prize is 2,650 euros monthly. It is paid at the end of each month throughout the period granted by the jury for the realization of the project. The last payment will occur at the final delivery of the pictures.
3. – Moving and reimbursementsThe train station and airport closest to the foundation are: “Les Arcs-Draguignan” railway station if you arrive by train and Nice airport if you arrive by plane.For your stay, a single return trip (based on the rates below) and transfers by taxi are supported by the foundation. Additional travels are the responsibility of the resident.Paris: 150 € – France outside Paris (depending on distance): 50 € to 200 € – Europe: 250 €
4. – The daily life at Les TreillesThe resident is accommodated in a house called “La Bergerie”, which includes a large room, a kitchen and a bathroom.“La Bergerie” is equipped with a telephone (+33 (0)4 94 70 54 04), a wireless Internet connection, a desk and the necessary equipment for the development of digital photos. A film photo development laboratory is also available in another house of the estate: the “Maison de Fonction”. In case of deterioration of equipment, the corresponding costs are borne by the resident. The resident has also access to the library of the “Grande Maison”, where the seminars take place. The library is equipped with computers and printers. Breakfast and lunch are taken in the house. Evening meals are shared with seminar guests at the Grande Maison. In the absence of a seminar, the evening meal is taken in the accommodation. Cleaning and change of linen are provided by the staff of the foundation once a week. The maintenance of personal laundry is the responsibility of the resident who has the necessary equipment for this purpose in a local “Laundry” close to “The Maison de la Piscine”. In case of occasional absences during the stay, it is necessary that the resident informs the secretariat at least 7 days before so as to allow better management of services (cooking, cleaning, guarding, library, booking taxis …). In case of exceptional presence during the month of August, the services of the foundation will be restricted. The estate of Les Treilles offers the possibility of beautiful walks. A swimming pool (not heated), a tennis court and a bicycle are at the disposal of the resident. Please note that the Foundation is also a forestry and agricultural estate whose teams are brought to intervene regularly on the land. Despite all their discretion, there might sometimes be some noise.
5. – Receiving and sending mailThe resident can be sent his mail to the following address: Fondation des Treilles, 705 chemin des Treilles, 83690 Tourtour – France.The mail is sent every day at noon from the secretariat but can also be deposited at the library of the Grande Maison, for a departure the next day. Stamping is the responsibility of the resident.
6. – VisitorsThe domain of Treilles is a private domain, not open to the public.The spouse, companion / or assistant are allowed to stay at Les Treilles for short periods, agreed with the head office. They will be housed at “La Bergerie”. The secretariat of the foundation must be notified at least 7 days in advance. A financial contribution to the expenses of will be asked: 30 € / day and per person. However, children, even adults, or other family members, friends, etc., are not admitted to the foundation. It’s the same for pets.
7. – VehicleThe estate is located in a remote area, at 4 and 8 km from the nearest villages. The house “La Bergerie” is distant about 1.5 km from the Grande Maison (common dining room) and the House of Function (laboratory for film development).It is therefore recommended to come with one’s own vehicle. Otherwise, the foundation can rent you, during your stay, a vehicle for a financial participation of € 240 / month within the limit of 400 km (additional km will be charged € 0.30). The fuel costs as well as any damage caused to the vehicle (within the limit of the franchise) are the responsibility of the resident.
8. – Link with other activities of the foundationA summarized biography is requested before your arrival. It will be put on the website and displayed in the library of the foundation. The resident mentions the prize on his personal web page with a link to the Treilles Foundation website. If the resident wishes, exceptionally, to attend a part of a seminar, he must make the request to the person in charge of the reception of the seminar, who will ask the question to the organizer. Under the same conditions, the resident may propose to make a presentation on the work he is doing.
9. – Respect for people and premisesThe entire staff of the foundation, in the diversity of its professions, ensures the well-being of its guests and the smooth running of their stay. In return, it is requested to observe the basic rules of courtesy and respect (dress code, state of the house, surroundings …). Finally, questions or problems that may arise during the stay must be submitted to Olivier Monoyez who will answer, in connection with the head office.
10. – Commitments towards the foundation following the stay• Sending a short report (1-3 pages) describing the work experience at Les Treilles and the missions outside, within two months of the end of the stay.• Mentioning the Treilles Foundation for each publication or exhibition.• Submitting a minimum of 3 snapshots/artists’ prints, with assignment of exploitation rights. Failure to comply with this regulation may jeopardize the duration of the stay and the missions and, consequently, the payment of the prize.