Guidelines to compete for the Photography Prize
The photography prize of the Fondation des Treilles is open to all professional photographers with neither age limit nor nationality considerations. Photographers must have already published or exhibited their work.
The subject of their project can be anything from landscape to architecture, social or archeological photography, as long as it is closely related to the Mediterranean world.
Digital or conventional, the technique used to produce the work must be applied with a spirit of durability and conservation.
The jury chaired by Madame Agnès de Gouvion Saint Cyr is composed of the following members: Madame Claire Lebel Deputy of the Executive Committee and Chairman of the Patrimony committee of la Fondation des Treilles, Madame Jacqueline d’Amécourt, Madame Emmanuelle de l’Ecotais and Monsieur Charles Henry Filippi.
The jury’s decision will be final and not subject to appeal.
The prize is made of both an allowance of 2650 euros per month for a period ranging from two to eight months coming with a living residency.
The duration of the cash allowance will be decided by the jury depending on the project. All the expenses due to the realization of the project and more specifically travel costs will remain at the charge of the winner
As far as the residence is concerned, its mamximum duration is of 8 months. By the way, it can not last less than one month, specially in order to insure the achievement of the development of the photos at Les Treilles.
Photographers shall guarantee that their works do not infringe the rights of third parties (image rights, right to private property, etc) or that they have obtained the necessary reproduction and exhibition permissions from these parties.
Entering the competition implies full acceptance of the terms of participation.
Application form and documents
FOR DIGITAL PRE SELECTION:
- The application form fully completed [download the competition form]
- A short presentation of the project
- 10 to 20 images in jpg format, 300 dpi, medium quality compression, the longer side of the image should not be more than 12 cm
The applicants will be notified of their selection by email.
Applicants chosen at the conclusion of the pre selection phase have to submit a hard copy application to the following address: Fondation des Treilles, Prix “Résidence pour la photographie”, 90 rue de Varenne, 75007 Paris.
- A supporting text in French or English presenting the project and explaining the author’s approach of the chosen topic. The text should also mention if the applicant has already been awarded in other former prizes.
- From 10 to 20 prints of a minimum A4 size up to an A3 maximum format.
- A signed letter where the applicant (if awarded) undertakes the cession of at least 3 prints and the copyrights of such images in the strict limit of an institutional use. The prints will be part of the art collection of la Fondation des Treilles.
- An envelope or any form of package at the right format for the return of the prints to the applicants that have not been selected. Applications sent without the requested return envelope will not be returned.
- Applications for pre selection must be sent from May 2 to September 1, 2013 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre selection will take place mid-September2013. Selected or not, each applicant will be advised.
- Hard copy applications must be sent from: dates to be confirmed later.
- Meeting of the panel of judges: date to be confirmed later.
- Announcement of the winner, December 2013.